Greggs Foundation’s Environmental Grants Scheme Opens
The Greggs Foundation’s Environmental Grants scheme has opened and welcomes applications from not-for-profit organisations and schools in Great Britain.
Using money from the 5p levy on carrier bag sales in Greggs shops, the Greggs Foundation has established the Environmental Grants scheme offering grants for projects which make a difference to local areas, with preference given to projects which include one of more of the following:
* Improves the local environment.
* Insures involvement of local communities.
* Delivers a sustainable and measurable difference.
* Supports people in need.
Not-for-profit organisations with a turnover of £300,000 or less as well as schools in England, Scotland and Wales can apply now for grants of up to £2,000.
Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate that their project delivers improvements against at least one of the following Key Performance Targets:
* Delivers real environmental benefit.
* People have better access to/are more likely to use their local environment.
* People have improved their lives through participation in an environmental activity.
* Activity delivers not only an immediate improvement but also an ongoing plan to ensure the improvement is sustained.
Organisations that are based near Greggs shops will be given priority.
The deadline for applications is 30 September 2016.
For more information and how to apply, follow the link below.