Postcode Local Trust Opens for Round 2
The Postcode Local Trust offers grants to help communities in England, Scotland and Wales enhance their natural environment in a way that benefits the wider community.
The Trust has two funding rounds per year. Applications are now being accepted for the second round with a deadline of 30 September.
Funding is available for good causes which benefit wildlife, enhance biodiversity, or renovate/create new green habitats. Consideration will also be given to sustainable energy projects benefitting local areas. Funding will be available for activities, such as:
- Creation of community gardens which benefit local areas.
- Habitat restoration projects which benefit biodiversity and which provide lasting benefits to a community such as on-going recreation activities, flood prevention schemes, natural hedgerow boundaries.
- Tree planting or creation of community orchard projects.
- Wildflower meadow creation.
- Projects which create bird, bug and beastie homes.
- Outdoor education projects delivered with local communities by environmental charities.
- Green-energy projects which create more sustainable solutions to lowering, eg, energy costs for a community.
- Micro-hydro schemes benefiting a local community.
Grassroots organisations, local charities and non-profit community businesses that are seeking to effect positive change within their local area in England, Scotland and Wales can apply.
Grants range from £500 to £20,000 for those in Scotland and England and up to £10,000 for those in Wales. The amount of funding depends on the type of organisation that is applying.
The deadline for applications is 30 September 2016 (5pm).
The link is: http://www.postcodelocaltrust.org.uk/