Arts Award Access Fund (England) – Second 2016 Round Open
Through this programme, small grants are given to Arts Award centres in England working with young people from disadvantaged backgrounds to enable them to achieve an Arts Award. The 2016 round two is now open until 21 October 2016.
The Access Fund is designed to help registered Arts Award centres who would not otherwise be able to complete Arts Award due to a lack of funds. It is managed by Trinity College London in association with Arts Council England and was launched in 2005. It is now flourishing in arts centres, colleges and schools, community projects, libraries, galleries, local authorities, theatres, youth clubs and youth justice settings.
Grants of between £100 and £1,500 are available.
The grant can be used for the following:
* Discover or Explore logs.
* Bronze, Silver or Gold guidance booklets.
* Fees for workshops with a professional or specialist.
* General art materials, printing costs, etc.
* Tickets for events.
* Travel to and from a venue.
* Contribution towards the costs of Gold leadership projects.
* Hire of specialist equipment or specialist venue.
* Adviser/project management/staff time.
* Discover certificates.
* Moderation costs for Explore, Bronze, Silver and Gold awards.
Applications from all registered Arts Award centres based in England are accepted but priority will be given to the following centres which:
* are working with disadvantaged young people;
* are taking part in Arts Award for the first time;
* are not receiving regular public funding; or
* are using the grant to access an Arts Award Supporter.
The second round for 2016 is now open to applications and closes on 21 October 2016.
The link is: www.artsaward.org.uk/site/?id=1975