Casual Learning Supporters Opportunity – A-2-E
Casual Learning Supporters
We are looking for someone to join our team to support on our training courses for people who have a range of learning disabilities/difficulties.
- We will be delivering 20 courses this academic year, between Sept 2017 and July 2018.
- Courses are usually 3 days, so the number of days work this year should be 60 days.
- Dates are set termly and schedules are issued to all of our learning supporters in advance. All courses are delivered in school term times, so this is a good work opportunity for people with responsibilities for children of school age.
- Staff need to arrive at training venue to start work at 9.30am and work until 3pm. Times may vary slightly from time to time.
- Courses are delivered in different services and community venues across Nottinghamshire. These are agreed each term.
- The place of work is not a fixed address. It will vary according to the location of the training course you are supporting.
- You will be expected to make your own way to the location.
The rate of pay is £7.45 per hour plus travel expenses.
Who should apply for this job?
- You need to have empathy, patience and be willing and able to help people to achieve.You need to be a good listener and flexible in the way you work to meet different people’s learning needs.
- You need to be able to help people to read, write, spell, and understand.
- You need to follow the direction of the course tutor and be able to encourage people to do as much for themselves as they can.
- You need to believe in equality for everyone and to work as part of a professional and flexible team, dedicated to giving excellent services.All a-2-e staff are required to have an enhanced DBS check, renewable every 3 years.
To apply to join our team, please complete and return the attached a2e application form to a-2-e office by Friday 1st September 2017.
Post: a-2-e, Edwinstowe House, High Street, Edwinstowe NG21 9PR
If you have any questions or require more information, please contact Julie Thorpe or Teresa Randon
Telephone: 01623 821534 or 07885 739 122