Mission & Strategy
Our Mission & Strategy
Our mission is to help create, develop and support a robust, sustainable, thriving, empowered community and voluntary sector across the district.
As an Infrastructure organisation, our core strategic aim is to improve the quality of life for people living in the Newark and Sherwood area, and make the district a great place to live.
Our core Principles
- Working with the community, for the community
- Promoting voluntary action in Newark and Sherwood
- Developing and maintaining links with a wide range of voluntary and community organisations
- Values the unique vision that it’s local communities bring to the innovation, development and delivery of its services
- Committed to the delivery of quality services that deliver value for money.
Our Core Functions
- Co-ordination and liaison
- Representation and consultation
- Development and support of voluntary and community groups
- Practical support services
- Promotion of partnership working.
Our Strategic Aims
- To ensure a more sustainable local Third Sector
- To widen understanding of the role of CVS
- To ensure that CVS has the capacity to achieve its mission and objectives
- To ensure good quality services and keep under review the vision, purpose and workings of CVS in the changing landscape
- To support and develop partnership working and facilitate community engagement in Newark & Sherwood
- To operate and develop effective projects in line with the aims of CVS.