Phoenix is a new Lottery funded project that provides support to our local communities following the Covid-19 outbreak. The project has three programmes of work; Communication and Digital landscape, Volunteering and Information and Support Services for community and voluntary groups. Below are some of the key activities and initiatives we aim to deliver.
Communication & Digital
- Website development – to include resources, such as toolkits and online learning & training
- Promote and facilitate online community development – forums, networks, connecting people and creating online communities
- Facilitate telephone-based services, to enable groups and individuals that cannot access the internet or do not have the necessary skills
- Expand and develop communication channels and information support services – Zoom, What’s App and webinars.
- Develop a virtual volunteer centre and digitised volunteering services
- Pop-up clinics – to be delivered remotely or online
- Provide volunteering support for groups and organisations
- Develop community-based lead volunteers for community development and delivery of services.
Group Information & Support
- Re-engage with groups – identify recovery, organisational development and support needs
- Enable groups to recover, rebuild and future-proof through digital enablement and skills
- Develop and test new methods of engagement and co-production
- Peer to Peer support – enabling and empowering communities
- Enable groups to develop new or alternative activities.