If you are an individual living in Newark and Sherwood and require some information or advice. Our friendly team will do their best to help signpost you to the right support. We work closely with our partners in local authority and health, and have connections to a wide variety of community groups and organisations.
If you would like to speak with any of our team please telephone 01636 679539.
If you are seeking support related to COVID-19, we have compiled a list of useful links to information, advice and organisations.
COVID-19: Support for individuals
- [12th June 2020] Nottinghamshire County Council – COVID-19 Update, following this link
- [11th May 2020] GriefLine is a free, confidential, emergency grief support service managed by Nottinghamshire Hospice. You can contact them on 0800 111 4451 or email to: email@example.com. Download of postcard giving details of the Service can be found by following this link, or for a poster follow this link
- [1st May 2020] Local people in mental health crisis who need immediate help can now receive support 24/7 by calling the new Nottinghamshire Foundation Trust Mental Health Helpline 0300 303 0165. The line is open to people of all ages who live in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire. For more information, visit their website by following this link. If you are feeling anxious, worried and would like someone to talk to, support can also be found:
- [28th April 2020] A specific webpage for Deaf people has been developed on the NCC public website. It can be found by following this link
- The webpage will be updated regularly as new information becomes available. A dedicated telephone number for Deaf people to contact Nottinghamshire County Council’s Customer Service Centre using Relay UK. The dedicated number is: 18001 01623 434 993
- [28th April 2020] The Home Office’s #YouAreNotAlone domestic abuse campaign aims to raise awareness that if anyone is at risk of, or experiencing, domestic abuse, they are still able leave and seek support. If you are worried you or someone you know is suffering from #DomesticAbuse, there is help available to you. But if you or anyone you know is in immediate danger call 999
and ask for the police. Find out more information at this link #YouAreNotAlone
- [24th April 2020] Health Innovation Network – has produced a guide to online resources for those providing care for people with dementia – Activities for Older Adults during COVID19. Download it by following this link
- Nottinghamshire Healthcare Foundation Trust has launched a new mental health helpline for local people in crisis. The helpline number is 0300 303 0165 and is available to anyone in mental health crisis at anytime, anywhere across Nottingham and Nottinghamshire. Available 24 hours a day, seven-days a week, it’s the number to call if you are experiencing a mental health crisis and need immediate help. It’s open to people of all ages who need urgent mental health support. Visit their website by following this link
- Ashfield and Mansfield Dementia Friendly Community Partnership have put together a fact sheets for those living with dementia and those who are caring for those with dementia during the current restrictions due to Covid-19:
- Financial support for residents – a number of schemes are available to support residents with the financial challenges they are facing as a result of Covid-19. Visit Newark and Sherwood District Council’s web page, by following this link.
- Citizens Advice – as of 23rd March 2020 we will be unable to offer a face to face service for the foreseeable future. We will continue to offer advice by telephone and web chat.
- For General advice please call – 0344 411 1444
between 10am – 4pm (Mon-Fri)
- For Consumer advice please call – 0345 404 0506
- For Help to Claim Universal Credit advice please call
0800 144 8444 or visit the website at this link
- For Debt advice please call – 01623 861769
- For Webchat advice then please follow this link
- We will continue to monitor the situation on a regular basis. Please visit our website for updates and details of when we will be re-opening at this link
- Downloadable poster with all this information can be found by following this link
- Citizens Advice at Newark can be contacted directly on 01623 861769, Mon – Thursday 9.30 – 4pm
- For General advice please call – 0344 411 1444
- Nottinghamshire County Council information about Coronovirus (Covid-19) – visit their web page at this link
- For Nottingham City residents – call the City Council’s golden number on 0115 915 5555 (Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm) or visit their website HERE. You will be connected with the community support groups and neighbourhood volunteer teams.
- For Nottingham County residents – there are a number of local volunteer groups offering help. To find out what services are being offered, call the Customer Service Centre on 0300 500 8080 (Monday – Friday, 8am – 6pm) or visit their website at this link and click the tab relevant to your area.
- Nottinghamshire Coronavirus Community Support Hub – (revised Nottinghamshire Carers Hub and Young Carers Support) supporting carers during the current Coronavirus crisis. The Carers Trust have produced revised information sheets for the Hub service and the Young Carers service promoting virtual carer support groups and ‘drop-ins’, and an Information and Support Networks document. Visit their website at this link
- NHS – Coronavirus (COVID-19), Advice for everyone – visit their web page by following this link
- For non-English speaking communities: